Tuesday, October 4, 2011

autumn leaf quilt block

Notes for autumnal projects for October (at least one, because the Northern Hemi is in mad rush for Autumn (Fall, whatever), although down here we're moving towards Spring):

Gonna try putting this quilt together without the pattern:


Will almost certainly be a painful process involving breaking my brain. I can lay it all out and just do it, sure; but for me the fun of quilting is whether I can work out a method for it - chain piecing, block-arranging, whatever. My procedure-oriented brain loves trying to work out the shortcuts.

And I've decided I'm going to do it in batiks. I've got scads of them around in browns and oranges and reds and yellows - they should be used!

Also: the standard maple leaf block should I wish to try it.

1 comment:

I try to answer every comment made, but if I forget to respond to you, I sincerely apologise! Thanks so much for coming by and commenting!