Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Eternity Quilt - planning, laying out, cutting

"He has made everything beautiful in its time.
He has also set eternity in the hearts of men;
yet they cannot fathom what God has done from beginning to end.
"
Ecclesiastes 3:11

I think this one is going to informally be called "the Insanity quilt" because it really is going to send me insane.

It's a complicated pattern to begin with:

Eternity quilt pattern

And then there's the decision to do it in as many Kona solids as possible and replicating a colour wheel - requiring organisation to get it all laid out!

I believe there may be some fabric shopping in my near future. Either that or fabric begging.

Eternity quilt pieces

The first row of triangles, cut and sorted. I'm thinking I might have to create some numbers of my own to pin, so I'm not cross-referencing things twice (the tag with the colour with the diagram).

Laying out the first row of, oh, 60 rows. This is the narrowest row, too! And the widest row is about 4x the width of this.

Eternity quilt layout

I have no idea if I can get all this done in time for the November deadline. Maybe if I sew day and night?

*facepalms as she realises what she's gotten herself into*

Eternity quilt rows 1&2

Mind you, the result will be rather impressive! I just have to get to "the result"...

I might have some time to sew the row together on Wednesday night before church group, or Thursday night before the hockey dinner. Here's hoping!

1 comment:

  1. I am looking forward to seeing it, it looks amazing! Not sure I would have started it...

    ReplyDelete

I try to answer every comment made, but if I forget to respond to you, I sincerely apologise! Thanks so much for coming by and commenting!