Wednesday, November 14, 2012

WIP Wednesday: The One Where I Fail at Deadlines

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

The Eternity Quilt

I asked for an extension to the deadline (this Sunday). I feel really bad for asking for one, but I spent the entire weekend on it, and just about every spare moment I had this week, and I'll still probably only manage to get the top sewn together by Saturday. It's a bad week for doing anything.

Then there's the quilting. To which I am a relative novice.

Yeah, it wasn't going to get done by Sunday. Hopefully I can get the extension - there are a whole heap of other projects which they'll have to sort and organise as well as mine, so it's not like they'll be waiting solely on me!

At any rate, the progress report is just going to be in instagrams today: more or less a week of madness.

Follow the rainbow brick road!

So. Many. Pieces.

Saturday morning,  10:30am. 11rows done.

Eternity quilt: Saturday

Eternity at lunchtime. 12:30.

Quilt progress: up to row 16 sewn. Halfway there!

Pieces of eternity: taking longer than expected. *sigh*

Rows 8-19. Eternity quilt. Sew together, then lunch!

It sure feels like eternity!

Rows 20 to 30 ready to be sewn together.

Eternity quilt: Row by row!

Eternity quilt: Saturday night

Sew the rows! Sew ALL the rows!

And finally a rough layout of all the rows! A glimpse of the final result!

Eternity quilt: all the rows

Never let it be said that I am not ambitious. Capable of my flights of ambition? Another question entirely!

And now it's time for medication!

I don't go on chocolate binges, so much as chocolate-buying binges...

Seriously. Medication. For stress and overwork and life. No prescription needed! (Certainly no proscription needed!)

I don't go on chocolate binges so much as chocolate-buying binges. Usually, though, it would take me about two months to get through this much chocolate. With the week I've been having, I'll be surprised if there's any left in two weeks...

So, what have you been doing this week? Have you linked back to the party over at WIP Wednesday?

19 comments:

  1. Love these colours! Keep going, can't wait to see the finished product!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This is totally amazing! You 've got a lot of patience... Can't wait to see it finished.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic! I'd say it's worth a deadline extension. I popped over from WIP Wednesday and glad I did!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! It looks amazing! You definitely deserve the chocolate :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. admirable and crazy cool. Eat all the chocolate you want.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this quilt top! Such a beautiful blending effect.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! It's really pretty stunning! Your hardwork has definitely paid off.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cool! Can't wait to see it completed.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This quilt is so fantastic! I'm so excited to see it finished! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks amazing - really beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

I try to answer every comment made, but if I forget to respond to you, I sincerely apologise! Thanks so much for coming by and commenting!