Friday, May 3, 2013

News! Sydney Craft and Quilt Fair - accepted!

Two of my quilts have been accepted for the Sydney Craft and Quilt Fair Exhibition!
...both of them got in. I'm kind of flabbergasted...

You're allowed to submit up to two quilts, but they usually only accept one (so far as I know). So I'm kind of boggled. Also: because the show tends towards the more traditional and 'art' quilts.

You probably all know the Eternity Quilt, of course:

Material Obsession's Swap Day: the Eternity Quilt, finished and hung.

And those of you who've been reading my blog for a while (two years) may remember Santorini Sun And Sky:

Santorini Sun and Sky

It was produced during Don't Call Me Betsy's Kaleidoscope QAL back in 2011. However, since I was out of work at the time, I didn't have the money to get it quilted, and my little home machine was distinctly inadequate to the process, I felt. So it's been folded up on the shelf for a while.

I've booked time with the longarm again in order to finish it up. I think I'll try my hand at a swirly, watery design - kind of snails, but more rippley.

This will mean I'll have three quilts in the show in which I've had a hand making: my own two, and the SydMQG guild quilt. That's a lot of quilts for someone who's never exhibited before.

*breathes into a paper bag*

3 comments:

  1. Oooooh!!! Great work, Sel! I'm very excited for you (as one who still aspires to entering a quilt... one year).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea!! Congratulations. Both quilts are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations - that is fantastic and your quilts are both awesome!

    ReplyDelete

I try to answer every comment made, but if I forget to respond to you, I sincerely apologise! Thanks so much for coming by and commenting!