Wednesday, April 30, 2014

WIP Wednesday: the one with passacaglia


Most of my work was in two areas this week: the Passacaglia, and the Oh My!

WIPs

no movement
  • Do You Know Where You're Going To? (the one with the arrows)
  • Mondrian's Nine-Patch

Millefiori Passacaglia

passacaglia

I'm starting to work out my colour schemes: I haven't really been following the colour schemes in the book - which I might have to start developing.

I made a 'ring of rose' and tried it with the orange star and the green star-diamond ring.

passacaglia

Not so good, I think. Stick with the white.

passacaglia

Or go with a different centre colour:

passacaglia

I also need to start sorting them into the various Rosette types. And working out just how much I'm actually going to need for a couple of these. There are several Rosettes that don't need to be as big as they've been specified - most of them will get cut off in the assembly.

I gotta type up my notes from the other night, put them in an excel spreadsheet for organisation. Then I'll have a better idea of what I need before I need it.


Oh My!

Blocks are done, just have to work out a layout.

oh my!

Dammit, I didn't take any photos of the various layouts I had in mind.

I don't think I like this one square:
oh my!

On point might work better...

To Do

The Great Aussie Destash

So my attempt at a destash failed very very miserably. I only sold about $100 worth of stuff and none of it was the stash I acquired on Thursday.

destash april 2014

I'll be putting a few bundles up on Instagram, but I've decided to put most of it up on the Australian FB group 'SEW you're destashing!' Lots of quilting fabrics that aren't really my style and are harder to move on instagram.

We'll see how it goes. :)

--

Linking up at Freshly Pieced WIP Wednesday!

3 comments:

  1. love your EPP project, looks amazing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Waw, the first pattern is so complicated! But great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmm, love the epp pattern you are working on! beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

I try to answer every comment made, but if I forget to respond to you, I sincerely apologise! Thanks so much for coming by and commenting!