Thursday, August 13, 2015

WIP Wednesday: the one before the holiday

So, we're all mad around here.

Okay, so it's mostly just me.

And it's mostly just that there are too many things to do and not enough time in which to do them.

However, I have finished the SHIELD dress!

SHIELD dress

The design really suits me and I'd love to do it in the green/black shot dupion that I purchased from the Sydney Craft and Quilt Fair at $10/m. (This is incredibly cheap in Australia, for the record.)

Although I might have to adjust the waist. I'm a size 10 bust and hips, and a size 12 waist:

SHIELD dress

I let out the seams as much as I could, but it's not quite enough. I'll have to drop some weight around the waist. *wince*

Otherwise I started a scrap log cabin project:

WIP Wednesday: scraps, charms, and cats.

Received my Tula Pink True Colors bundle from Massdrop, a bunch of hexies for the #hexiedownunder flower swap, and the charm squares for the C+S charm swap by Ms Midge:

WIP Wednesday: scraps, charms, and cats.

Smokey promptly claimed the Massdrop box, of course.

There'll be a charm-along for the C+S charm swap, probably running in September:

WIP Wednesday: scraps, charms, and cats.

Have to think about what I'm going to do with them. And with the Amy Butler charms I got a while back...

And finally, binding for the gift quilt I'm giving to the friend I'm staying with in the San Fran Bay Area:

Binding to sew on later tonight...

I've stayed with her and her family on and off for ten years (possibly more) and while I've brought her other gifts, I've never yet given her a quilt.

Yes, that's the USA Hurray.

--

Things to do before going away:
1. sew binding on USA Hurray
2. pick fabrics for the #hexiedownunder participants
3. begin pulling out the papers of my Plain Jane Passacaglia - start from the centre and work outwards
4. sew up the last of the AHBC Party 3 presents and get it packed up

I think any gifts I'm going to give to my hosts are going to have to wait until I get back. UGH.

Anyway, there may be a little WIP Wednesday while I'm travelling (Ho Chi Minh City, London (Oxford), Chicago, Atlanta, San Francisco Bay Area) but it'll depend on the internet connections, and mostly be the Plain Jane Passacaglia. I will, however, be posting plenty of travelogues - and probably some fabric related things: most particularly in Vietnam (the markets), and London (Liberty of London!), but also possibly in the US... :)

Hope your endeavours are productive in the coming month!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I try to answer every comment made, but if I forget to respond to you, I sincerely apologise! Thanks so much for coming by and commenting!